theme updater?

trman

Registered
First of all thank you for the great themes! I have purchased two of the Core themes for my two Xenforo forums.

Have you ever considered a theme updater add on? Sort of like the XenForo updater add on at:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-updater.4444/

That updater has saved me loads of time in updating XenForo, no more ftp of files, it just updates Xenforo from the ACP. An updater for your themes, (or for any theme for that matter) would save a lot of work!

Just a suggestion, keep up the good work!

At this point XenBase would have to be turned into an add-on for something like that to happen which probably won't happen on the 1.x series. It's something we've discussed for the next version of 2.0.

Regarding updating, normally you won't need to upload any files unless we instruct you to do so. If you're using the Font Awesome CDN option -> [XB] Font Awesome the chances of having to upload goes down as the local Font Awesome files are what's updated most.

Past that it comes down to just importing 2 xml's, of course backing it up first. Not avoiding the suggesting just clarifying :D

Okay, thanks for your reply.

I guess I should read the upgrade instructions that come with each upgrade, I just follow the instructions on the website here:

https://pixelexit.com/resources/general-style-upgrading.15/

It says to upload the xenbase folder, which takes a while..

Ya that's a general upgrade, kind of the same way you'd upgrade XenForo you're uploading files even if they haven't been changed. With our style upgrades as mentioned we usually mention in the specific update thread itself whether or not you need to update the folders.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'd like to see XenBase become an addon. Not naming names but the last style I used had an addon as its base and with every update, it started to become a pain, especially if you forgot to disable everything beforehand so I'd encourage it to please keep it simple...

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'd like to see XenBase become an addon. Not naming names but the last style I used had an addon as its base and with every update, it started to become a pain, especially if you forgot to disable everything beforehand so I'd encourage it to please keep it simple...

We discussed it awhile back and decided to keep things simple. There is a downside to it... we can't quite do extensive things like I'd like too but that may change in 2.0. Like you'd think I'd be able to do a simple dropdown in the style properties instead of you picking: 0/1/2/3/4/5/6 for the quick search locations you'd have a simple dropdown. Currently in XenForo it's not possible as complex templates in the admin area can only be exported via an add-on.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back