bosss

Registered
Do we need to update styles (mean Pixel Exit's) when we update our forum software to newest version 1.5.13?

regards

bosss

What do we do if we have a custom style how do we upgrade?

Same method for the most part, export XenBase + the custom style, then import and over and overwrite the existing xenbase with the new one. Just make sure you you backup first (export) :D.

If you run into issues just open a ticket and we can help upgrade.

@Russ I've just done a fresh 1.5.13 forum install and XenBase also and i'm getting a warning about xengallery_tab_links being outdated. It will not merge:

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

For now you can simply just save the template to remove the warning. There is a test group if you're interested for the next XenBase update.

Check out the announcements forum. ;)

It looks like all they did was wrap a conditional around the search link, I've updated this for 1.5.13, if you want to make the change now just edit the template on a xenbase level:

change
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=xengallery_media'}">{xen:phrase xengallery_search_media}</a></li>

to:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canSearch}">
<li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=xengallery_media'}">{xen:phrase xengallery_search_media}</a></li>
</xen:if>

click SAVE AND EXIT.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back