Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Quick background:

We started developing XenBase early last year and since then we've come along ways. With this update it's a rather massive change which you'll need to upgrade delicately.

This applies to all styles running on XenBase PRIOR to 1.3 and only if you've put your customizations into a child style of our products, such as below(My Custom Style)

1. XenBase
    1. Core
      1. My Custom Style

To upgrade your style to XenBase 1.3, after you've downloaded the latest version of XenBase via your account, and also the style you've purchase you'll need to do the following:

1. Import XenBase as a brand new style(for safety reasons of not losing anything)
  2. Import the product as a child of XenBase(in the above scenario it would be Core).
  3. Browse to your Admin CP, and Export your custom Child Style
  4. Use a program which has "Find and Replace", we like: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Next step of instructions, right click the downloaded XML(your child style) and open with the editor with the find and replace function, make sure to check the box 'Match Case' !!!

Search: / Replace:
  1. xenBaseC / xbC
  2. xb_headingColor / xbHeadingColor
  3. xb_borderPrimary / xbPrimaryBorder
  4. xb_borderSecondary / xbSecondaryBorder
  5. xenBase_ / xb_
  6. xenBase. / xb.
  7. xenBase / XenBase

Find and replace exactly in that order, some search results you won't find anything which is normal.

While these are long drawn out instructions it's rather simple. As a service towards you you're more than welcome to send your customized style XML(the child of Core in the above example) to us and we'll do the Find-Replace for you.

Thanks for the howto! :)
Currently my setup is...

-- XenBase
- Core

Do I need to worry about this, if not is there a specific method of upgrading?

How many customizations do you have on your current style?

Ideally the correct setup is:
-- XenBase
---- Core
------- Custom Style

So future upgrades are easier. With this upgrade rolling out today it's rather large... if you don't have many customizations it's suggested to install this new update as a new style, then install a child under Core and put all your customizations there.

hello,

my questions: is the xenbase now updatet? ( i see by my downlaods only a versione 1.2.x..) if yes, what have i to do by a complete fresh installation?

i want install the core style in the next minutes on my new forum.

It's not out just yet, I'm wrapping up some details on things/write-ups.

This post was a little premature but it had to come sooner or later :D.

hello,

my questions: is the xenbase now updatet? ( i see by my downlaods only a versione 1.2.x..) if yes, what have i to do by a complete fresh installation?

i want install the core style in the next minutes on my new forum.

Regards to your specific, it comes down to if you have your customizations in a child style of Core/One of our other styles.

How many customizations do you have on your current style?

Ideally the correct setup is:
-- XenBase
---- Core
------- Custom Style

So future upgrades are easier. With this upgrade rolling out today it's rather large... if you don't have many customizations it's suggested to install this new update as a new style, then install a child under Core and put all your customizations there.

Most if not all of my stuff is in extra.css, as far as I remember.
I guess its obvious I will have to modify Xenbase properties again, which is just a few toggles so its not a big deal.

Just making sure when you release Core I do it correctly.

Most if not all of my stuff is in extra.css, as far as I remember.
I guess its obvious I will have to modify Xenbase properties again, which is just a few toggles so its not a big deal.

Just making sure when you release Core I do it correctly.

My suggestion to you then would be install the new XenBase/Core as a brand new style, then install a child style of Core called whatever(My Style).

Copy contents of your extra.css over to the new one then trickle over the small things you did into the new My Style. Future upgrades will be easier this way for you.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back