BubbaUsesForums

Hi Russ,

I posted the same question in Xenforo, but I thought I would ask here just in case pixelexit has a built in solution....

I am in the process of importing all my user avatars from another forum to xenforo. ALL the avatars being imported are 100x100 px.

I've noticed xenforo scales the avatars down to 96x96 and stores them in the avatars/m folder.

I feel it's a shame to lose resolution of every single avatar just for 4 pixels.

I know this will probably involve changing a couple templates, but is there a way to
  1. save the original avatars at 100x100 size in the avatars/m folder without scaling,
  2. and then change the message-avatar-wrapper so it fits in the message section of the thread?
If I could keep them all at 100x100 it just seems like the right thing to do.

Thanks.

The 96px is hard-coded by XenForo when uploading avatars. You'd need an add-on to change the default size as far as I know. You can use CSS to change this around, but when up-scaling using CSS it'll lose quality.

See the first response here, changing that 96px to 100px would make them the right size but cause potential blurry avatars.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back