XenBase 1.5.6 - FLEXible Nodes and more

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
With our 1.5.6 release coming out I wanted to take a moment to share with you one of the new features included. One of the most requested things we get asked is how to achieve various node setups and while we do have a few node layouts they aren't quite as flexible as I would like.

Previous Node Layout Types:
  • 0 - Default
  • 1 - Dual column minimal
  • 2 - Dual column extensive
  • 3 - modernized layout
Basically we'll be getting rid of options 1 and 2 as you can achieve them easily with the new options:

Screenshot_8.png

You can approach this in various ways: globally, on a per-category level or globally with per-category adjustments.

These various node setups took under a minute to setup:
nodedemo1.png
nodedemo2.png
nodedemo3.png
nodedemo4.png

So.. if you wanted the old "Dual Column Extensive" you'd just set a global width of 50% without checking the global minimize option. If you wanted the "Dual Column Minimal" look you'd set the global width at 50% while checking the box.

Account Menu Improvements:
We've added in the option to toggle FA icons in the user dropdown now:
Screenshot_9.png

Additionally we've made it so you can now use a single property ( Style Properties: Popup Menus -> Account Menu) to adjust the width of the menu. The columns will automatically adjust.

Other Misc Changes/Improvements
  • Overhauled QuickSearch as a NavTab, functions properly and looks a ton better
  • Moved Terms and Rules / Privacy to the normal footer links, this makes for easier styling on the branding area
  • Added ability to use the backstretch script on a specific div allowing for some cool customization
  • Various CSS fixes
  • Added additional FA Editor Icons out of the box to avoid additional setup
  • Additional Top Bar customization options

This is not the complete change-log but just an idea of what's in it. It's a very solid release and I'm looking forward to getting feedback on it. Because of the node layouts I'm spending today and tomorrow just testing it as much as I can then we'll push out the updates.

What about add-ons making new links in the user dropdown list? Will there be an easy way to add icons on them? Or still go via the template?

Unfortunately still will need to edit the template if it adds a link. I'll try to gather a list + instructions of some of the popular ones.

How would somebody with a custom PE theme upgrade XenBase? Is it possible?

We're pretty good to our custom clients :), if you run into trouble with it we're here to help. Custom clients have access to the latest XenBase via a style license which we encourage you to upgrade as it's usually easy to do. If you get stuck you can just submit a support ticket.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back