Emanon

Not that I didn't solve it, because I believe it's a must for mobile browsing. And not that I blame you for ditching the native xenForo feature, because it basically sucks - but might I suggest what I did for this, in your future updates to your styles?

Have the "back to top" function show as an 'up' arrow, in every thread post. I accomplished this as follows:

In template post_macros search for:
Code:
                        <ul class="message-attribution-opposite message-attribution-opposite--list">
                            <xf:if is="$post.isUnread()">
                                <li><span class="message-newIndicator">{{ phrase('new') }}</span></li>
                            </xf:if>

And add this code under it.
Code:
                            <li>
                                <a href="#top" class="button--scroll" data-xf-click="scroll-to">
                                <xf:fa icon="fa-arrow-up"/>
                                </a>
                            </li>

BUT... There's gotta be a way you can do this in your styles, so that a template edit is not required. Here's the result in Flat Awesome+:

Your customers will thank you.

XF has the button's built-in by default:
'

Style properties -> Page setup

We don't remove this but leave it set to When scrolling up by default (as XF does).

XF has the button's built-in by default:
I guess you speed-read my post... I mentioned the native XF feature. This is 10 times better, more intuitive, and is there when you need it not when the script decides you need it.

I turned the native buttons off and use strictly this.

(Note: The native xF function doesn't work for me here at PE. Do you also have it turned off?)

Just to clarify, I'm suggesting this as native to all future PE styles updates, not as an addon or template edit. Yes it's really that useful.

Example: With native xF, If you're not scrolling at all, let's say you're in the middle of a thread page. You have NO "up" button at all and won't have one until you scroll first.

THIS system has that "up" arrow in every post, you don't have to scroll to get the button. It's there. Your customers will love it, trust me.

I didn't speed read your post, just read it as "we ditched xenforo's default top button" which we didn't. Also, a simple CSS added to extra.less will always show those buttons:

Code:
.XenBase .u-scrollButtons {
    opacity: 1;
    display: block;
}

Technically you could have the same "issue" with your suggestion when it comes to super long posts, a user scrolling up / down just to find the go-to top button. I'll take it into consideration though.

I didn't speed read your post, just read it as "we ditched xenforo's default top button" which we didn't.
But then, you explain the native feature and where to find its settings, so you understand why I thought you'd missed part of my post. Did I also say it sucks? It really does.
Technically you could have the same "issue" with your suggestion when it comes to super long posts, a user scrolling up / down just to find the go-to top button
1 percent of the time instead of 100.
I'll take it into consideration though.
Maybe if you put it here in this style, see how your membership likes it? Currently I don't see ANY "back to top" feature here at PE.

Thanks for the cool extra.less snippet too.

We had this in our XF1 styles but decided against adding it in the XF2 versions as it was rarely used if at all.

At this time if someone does want the go to top feature they can enable the buttons since they'll work site wide and not just in messages.

We had this in our XF1 styles but decided against adding it in the XF2 versions as it was rarely used if at all.
Exactly as I am describing? How did you track if anyone was using it?
At this time if someone does want the go to top feature they can enable the buttons since they'll work site wide and not just in messages.
How come you guys don't use it here at PE?

We didn't track it of course, but from visiting various site (hundreds probably) running our styles not one that I have seen used it. Also we've never had a support question for it either.
So, I'm confused. You HAD the feature as I am describing, but it was off by default? Or, admins turned it off after install?

In all of the sites where I have had this starting with vB 3.8, it's been a crowd pleaser. Have it on both of my xF sites now as well.
Just keeping it clean is all.
So we gotta do a ton of scrolling! Man, it WOULD be clean if you had the 'up' arrow in the attribution bit.... C'mon Man, it's a simple little template edit you can do to see if the kids love it or not!

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back