Style updates 2.0.10 Style Updates

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 2.0.10 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your purchase area.

This is a major style release primarily focusing on bug fixes and overall improvements. A full change-log can be found at the bottom of this post. You must upgrade your forum to at least 2.0.10 to install this style update.

Before Upgrading
As always backup your current styles before importing the new version. Backing up is simply exporting your current styles before upgrading. Check out our documentation on how to backup your style if you have further questions.

Installation and Upgrading instructions for XenForo 2.0 styles
Full details for how to install and upgrade can be in our Documentation.

Run into issues? Please create a ticket and we'll respond to you as quick as we can.

Found a bug? Let's squash it, submit a bug report.

Release notes

New
  • Added option to replace the thread started avatars with:
    • Icon with reply count
    • Icon by itself
    • Remove column completely
  • New web fonts added
    • M PLUS Rounded 1c
    • Poppins
    • Raleway
    • Ubuntu
  • Brand new social icon positions (Style Properties -> Basic Options)
    • Header
    • Breadcrumbs
    • Inside default footer links
    • Below each footer block (loads below your existing footer widget)
    • Above custom footer
    • Below custom footer
  • Added page variables you can use to add your own CSS/JS scripts on specific pages, this will allow you to easily load JS on a specific page:
    Code:
    <xf:page option="custom-xbHead">
    <script src="styles/mystyle/owlslider/owl.carousel.min.css') }}"></script>
    </xf:page>
    Code:
    <xf:page option="custom-xbBody">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/mystyle/owlslider/owl.carousel.min.js') }}">
    </xf:page>
    Added options to style all block messages (highlight/important/success/warning/error) and corrected colors for all styles (dark styles were using the default XF colors before)
    • Style properties -> Miscellaneous -> Block message - type
  • Added option to move search into header as a search boxAdded option to show icons in navigation, either inline or aboveAdded property to control the appearance of just the top/bottom buttons when scrollingAdded property to position the default footer (Style Properties -> Footer -> Footer location)
    • Default position
    • Inside content
    • Copyright row
    • Disabled
  • Added very basic set of Page Assets - These are pre-made HTML elements that you can easily copy and create custom static html pages. It will expand in the future but for now there are some basic HTML items included. You can view our Page Assets page on our demo board to view how it's laid out. You just inspect the element you want and paste into your page. I'll post a tutorial on this shortly.Added quick style switcher (just input a style ID to activate it)
Changes
  • Alternating discussion list background from an option to a CSS style property, now you can set whatever background color you want
  • Discussion List Hover went from an option to a CSS style property, now you can set whatever background color you want
  • Moved our xb.less out of app.less removing one less edit.
  • Moved to an already edited template "app_user_banners.less"
  • We're no longer removing the box-shadows found in the main content area by default
  • Node FA icons now use a smaller font size (set via Node / forum list -> Node icon (Font Awesome main)
  • Various style property descriptions updated with better explanations
  • Toggle Width option is no longer an icon only, uses text as well (phrases: change and width)
  • Sidebar heading CSS uses a higher class selector now
Fixes
  • Sticky sidebar offset wouldn't work outside initial forum list
  • Mobile logo displayed twice in certain situations
  • Logo is full size now when using "Keep logo block in responsive"
  • Jump to page nav colors fixedText logo positioning in mobile fixed'
  • Custom footer CSS was loading twice, oops!
  • YouTube share icon missing CSS while blocked/circle type was enabled
  • Header was loading twice in certain setupsSidebar bottom block CSS fixed
  • Certain prefix colors fixed so they display properly
  • Responsive view with Classic fixed, will now respect the edge spacers XF uses by default
  • Sidebar header texts not inheriting the additional typography CSS
  • Welcome block would not load while sidebar set to the left side and set inside the sidebar
  • Cookie notice wasn't adding margin properly
Last edited:
Style-specific changes

Core
  • Changed the style property for the sub-navigation, uses "Sub-navigation row (publicSubNav)" to inherit the background color rather than "Sub-navigation row inner (xbSubNavInner)"
  • Boxed mode now uses the main content background instead of the primary content (this was causing the colors to blend far too much)
  • Message header formatted to match other headers
  • Message block has padding around it now
  • Filter Bar styled
Core Dark
  • Now properly utilizes the "Dark" option on the color palette. You may notice some slight color changes throughout the style
Edge
  • Filter bar styled to match other headers
  • Global padding increased by 2px on all settings (small/medium/large)
  • Message headers styled to match other headers
  • Various other cosmetic improvements
Flat Awesome +
  • Adara has been released as a child style for FA+
  • Filter bar styled to match other headers
Fusion Gamer
  • Now properly utilizes the "Dark" option on the color palette. You may notice some slight color changes throughout the style
Omni
  • Link & main font color adjusted; should help the overall look of the style
  • Buttons now use all the gradient styling
  • Footer colors adjusted

Thanks for the quick update today! I've installed this on a new theme on my test forum, re-applied all my changes, and it's looking pretty good! I'll move it over to the live site tomorrow :)

Core Dark

Ahhhh, my OCD!! :D What problems might I run into by setting this back to the "Light" option as it was before? It does change a few font colours, and rather than go through them all is it OK to just leave it set on Light? Does this just affect how add-ons might select colours in the future?

Thanks for the quick update today! I've installed this on a new theme on my test forum, re-applied all my changes, and it's looking pretty good! I'll move it over to the live site tomorrow :)

Ahhhh, my OCD!! :D What problems might I run into by setting this back to the "Light" option as it was before? It does change a few font colours, and rather than go through them all is it OK to just leave it set on Light? Does this just affect how add-ons might select colours in the future?

I did make the change after someone reported a bug with an add-on, it was an add-on that displayed code differently, like bbcodes php/html code. Technically it should be set to dark anyways.

You can manually adjust the colors though easily, on your style go to: Style Properties -> Basic Colors

Text color: #919191
Dimmed text color: #787878
Muted text color: #6B6B6B
Link color: #EBEBEB

Should work fine for you.

Thanks @Russ - I'll make the change then. Much appreciated!

Edit: Done, it really was that easy! Still would have taken me hours to find it though :p

Hello,
When i apply the upgrade it revert my all previous changes and edits, is that normal or there is a way to keep current edits with upgrade?

Hello,
When i apply the upgrade it revert my all previous changes and edits, is that normal or there is a way to keep current edits with upgrade?

If you're putting your edits inside a child style as instructed in the installation, you should preserve your edits. Do you have a child style?

If you're putting your edits inside a child style as instructed in the installation, you should preserve your edits. Do you have a child style?
Nope, i dont have child style :(

Can i install a child style and transfer changes from main style to child style at this point or its too late?

Last edited:
Nope, i dont have child style :(

Can i install a child style and transfer changes from main style to child style at this point or its too late?

Unfortunately, there's not really a way to easily split the edits you've done into a child style automatically. I'd suggest installing the update as a brand new style, create a child style and start moving your edits over to that version.

Two big rules in styles:
  • All edits should go inside child styles
  • Make backups before doing anything big (edits/updates ect)

We named the style's (Parent DO NOT EDIT) for a reason :D.

This are not supported overwriting your existing style?

It supports it, but the full statement makes more sense:

Since this is a rather large release from XenForo and us you may want to consider installing the update as a new style. From there export your current style and import under the new version so you can test everything out prior to officially upgrading.

It's just a precautionary measure. Never hurts to do it this method, this way you make sure the update works fine before it goes live.

Since this is a rather large release from XenForo

Yes but Xenforo are not considered new installing from there large release but style update consider installing new style, very strange.

Upgrading does complete without any issue and should does not matter if this small or large release?

@Nirjonadda I provided advice, you can take or not, it's fine. Comparing installing a fresh XenForo to a fresh style install isn't the same.

I'm literally just saying... you can if you want too, install the style as a brand new style. Export your current child style and import it under the new installed style. This way you as an admin can make sure your changes work well with our update and it won't break your current site. It could take an extra 2-3 minutes.

You can of course just import and overwrite the existing parent style as usual, that's fine as well. Just make backups.

Last edited:
Merging PAGE_CONTAINER and adding this new code:

<nav class="p-nav{{ (property('xbLogoPosition') == 'insidenav') ? ' xb-nav-logo' : '' }}">

Is causing the text logo to show twice.

Because just below that you find:

Code:
<xf:if is="property('xbLogoPosition') == 'insidenav'">
                            <li><xf:macro name="smallLogo" /></li>
                        </xf:if>

This is for the "inside nav" option.

Edit: It seems like I'm having problems doing an actual merge and compare. Is there any way to reload just the PAGE_CONTAINER file and get a proper merge going on? Xenforo isn't showing me code that you removed, just lines where things are different. Or rather it's showing me old things that should be removed in Green as if it's new and should be added. Should I just import the xml again and remerge all templates?

Last edited:
Merging PAGE_CONTAINER and adding this new code:

<nav class="p-nav{{ (property('xbLogoPosition') == 'insidenav') ? ' xb-nav-logo' : '' }}">

Is causing the text logo to show twice.

Because just below that you find:

Code:
<xf:if is="property('xbLogoPosition') == 'insidenav'">
                            <li><xf:macro name="smallLogo" /></li>
                        </xf:if>

This is for the "inside nav" option.

Edit: It seems like I'm having problems doing an actual merge and compare. Is there any way to reload just the PAGE_CONTAINER file and get a proper merge going on? Xenforo isn't showing me code that you removed, just lines where things are different. Or rather it's showing me old things that should be removed in Green as if it's new and should be added. Should I just import the xml again and remerge all templates?

Merging PAGE_CONTAINER is going to be extremely difficult on this update (and maybe future ones). It's the most heavily customized template we have. What edits did you apply here? I often recommend just copying the template into like notepad++, then reverting the template followed by re-applying whatever edit you made.

Merging PAGE_CONTAINER is going to be extremely difficult on this update (and maybe future ones). It's the most heavily customized template we have. What edits did you apply here? I often recommend just copying the template into like notepad++, then reverting the template followed by re-applying whatever edit you made.

Oh yeah, of course. In my mind I was trying to do a merge like with the xenforo templates. But I realized I can't merge because this is a child theme vs the parent theme. That makes sense. No wonder the option didn't appear. After reviewing, it should be far easier to add my customizations back in than to try to fix yours and mine both. Reverting is definitely the way to go. Thanks for helping me clear this up in my mind.

Oh yeah, of course. In my mind I was trying to do a merge like with the xenforo templates. But I realized I can't merge because this is a child theme vs the parent theme. That makes sense. No wonder the option didn't appear. After reviewing, it should be far easier to add my customizations back in than to try to fix yours and mine both. Reverting is definitely the way to go. Thanks for helping me clear this up in my mind.

Good to hear, also take a look here:
https://pixelexit.com/threads/outdated-templates.6191/

It has some tips that may or may not be of use to you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for the update!

One teeny weeny suggestion: "Change Width" in the footer area would better suit XF 2.0's default phrases if it were "Change width" (drop the subsequent word's use of uppercase characters) :).

XenForo made the decision to change from Title Case with 1.x to Sentence case with 2.x etc.

Last edited:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back