Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
How do I change the default color scheme to another one provided?

1. Click Appearance -> Style Properties (make sure your Core style is selected)
  2. Click the section called - Core Properties
    core1.png
  3. In the box type which color you'd like:
    • red
    • blue
    • green
    • softblue
  4. Next go to the Color Palette and change the xenBaseColor1 to the appropriate color
    core2.png
    • red (#c11414)
    • blue (#1991db)
    • green (#006e2e)
    • softblue (#5f6b87)
How can I use different colors than the ones provided?

Use the included PSD files to create the color you want. Next in your styles/core/xenforo/sources folder create a new folder with the name of your color(ect. lightred / darkred / lightgreen)

Next repeat the steps in the How do I change the default color scheme to another one provided? using your folder name in the "Core Color" under - Core Properties, then use xenBaseColor1 to select a color close to the ones on your images.

How can I install multiple colors on my site?

Follow your normal installation instructions. Next install the style-Core.xml as a child of your existing Core style. Doing this will make it easy for future updates. Your styles should look like this:

• xenBase Style
    • Core Style(default color)
      • Core Style(new color ie. lightgreen)
      • Core Style(new color ie. darkred)
      • Color Style(new color ie. lightred)

How can I get RTL working on core better?
Two step process after you've enabled RTL on your forum board.
First you need to switch the blue icon on this part, you can add this in extra.css
Code:
#forums .categoryText {
    padding-right: 15px;
    background-position: right center;
}

Next you'll want to use the included PSD to just move the blue icon to the right side, Once you save that image it automatically names the file correctly for you which you'll upload and overwrite into the according styles/core/xenforo/sources/COLOR/sidebarbg.png

Is this still correct?

My "core properties" SP is now just a text box that contains the following:

background: #303030; /* Old browsers */
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #303030 0%, #181818 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#303030), color-stop(100%,#181818)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #303030 0%,#181818 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #303030 0%,#181818 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #303030 0%,#181818 100%); /* IE10+ */
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #303030 0%,#181818 100%); /* W3C */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#303030', endColorstr='#181818',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */

This is outdated and needs to be updated my apologies.

Right now Core's primary color is controlled via the color palette. Changing xbColor1 will change the default orange.

You can also go into Core Properties and that gradient now controls the dark gradient found around the site, sub nav, sidebar headings, forum headings ect.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back