If you want an old skin redone on xenForo 2, hire PixelExit.

Carlos

Registered
I acquired a large gaming community in 2015, and completed the acquisition a year later. I asked Russ to redo this design that was on DestroyRepeat...

OldDestroyRepeat.png

As I loved, am addicted to that design. Thing is, when you acquire a website that was addictive to you, you must love that website. I loved Destroy Repeat. It was active, it was beautiful, it was inviting. It had everything going for it. It only needed an owner that paid attention to the site.

I bought it, the problem is - the site stopped using the design as new xenForo iterations were released. There is an adage: "Don't fix what ain't broke." If users loved what you were offering, don't fix it. The owner relaunched on a light theme, but it wasn't inviting.

I've known Russ since the beginning of xenForo. I said to myself: "I'd hire him in a heartbeat." I've been talking to Russ since November. I told him; start with xenForo 2. I do not want to do two designs (XF1 > XF2). I gave him no time-limit on working on the skin. Take your time, Russ. Take your time.

2 Months later, voila. A preview:

DestroyRepeat5.png

Russ wasn't satisfied with the design. He went back to the drawing board. I liked the design, but it needed a little wee bit work. He came back with a better header/navigation, and something else to boot. He added a welcome notice that isn't the stock XF2 notice, and he also added hover-over nodes, which was a beautiful touch, you would have to see it for yourself to love it. :)

I launched the new design, and a few users love it!

DR5Final.png

It's an old design, but Russ gave it a refreshing new feel. He was very adamant about keeping the skin feel like a million bucks. And anything I wanted him to do, he was on the job.

See Russ's work for yourself! It's time to DestroyRepeat!

Destroy Repeat!

Destroy Repeat!

Last edited:
Looks great but you need to install an SSL certificate as Chrome shows a massive warning at the moment when trying to visit your site. It is all part of Google's policy to make sure every site uses SSL.

I'd recommend Let's Encrypt for your SSL certificate.

Looks great but you need to install an SSL certificate as Chrome shows a massive warning at the moment when trying to visit your site. It is all part of Google's policy to make sure every site uses SSL.

Firefox too.
The owner of www.destroyrepeat.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Fixed.
Firefox too.
And fixed. Thanks guys for reporting, but I was in the middle of a move. Not my idea, it's my family's stupid idea.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back