Need some feedback - Editor Icons

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
In our next version of XenBase we want to include some icons for some third party plugins so users don't have to do them manually. By default we have Font Awesome Editor Icons enabled so when a plugin adds another BBCode button it'll look broken, we want to avoid this and cut off less setup work for users.

If anyone could let us know what plugins they use that add an additional icon to the editor that would be great. If it's a premium plugin then if you could provide either:

Thank you all, you can post here (no login details) with any plugins you may notice that add any or submit a ticket, or shoot me a PM.

Hi Russ..

I would like to give some feedback as I'm one of those with this little issues with extra added editor buttons. In my case I have Sonnb's XenGallery add-on and have one options to enabled those extra icons to editor - they looks broken. I have created another posts in customer support about that.

Now - You did reply to that and I did try to solved it with the link you gave me. What I found and added was this:

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_insertAlbum:before {content: "\f115";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_insertContent:before {content: "\f083";}

But is still 'broken' in some way - when I hover over the button I do se the content value icon in place - but something else is in place again after moving focus away.

upload_2016-1-12_14-3-40.png

The second last shows you what to see when hover over it and the last one has this 'something else' ..

Hope you can use it to find out something. Besides of that - I love your work..

Ohh.... I thought this was a problem on my end. I was going to ask Brogan why my CTA float BB Code wasn't showing up in my style. Also my Apple BB Code by xen-factory isn't showing it's icon. Is there a fix for these two free add-ons in the meantime?

Ohh.... I thought this was a problem on my end. I was going to ask Brogan why my CTA float BB Code wasn't showing up in my style. Also my Apple BB Code by xen-factory isn't showing it's icon. Is there a fix for these two free add-ons in the meantime?

Try this in your extra.css:

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_apple:before {content: "\f179";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_float_left:before {content: "\f100";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_float_right:before {content: "\f101";}

Try this in your extra.css:

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_apple:before {content: "\f179";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_float_left:before {content: "\f100";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_container_custom_float_right:before {content: "\f101";}
It didn't work....

It didn't work....

I looked at the code wrong(I edited it on your site from account that was active. This is the correct code:

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_apple:before {content: "\f179";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_float_left:before {content: "\f100";}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_float_right:before {content: "\f101";}

Hi Russ, i use sonnb´s gallery and have the same problem.
a blank field by mouseover.
View attachment 3194

Try this in extra.css:

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a:hover { background-image: none !important; }
Not sure if that works, I gave it to someone to test the other day but I haven't heard back.

This code disables the icons of sonnb´s gallery in the editor.

In my case I have activated using of awesome font icons in the editor - thats why I did have issues... I found those extra .redactor_toolbar, as written about here - https://pixelexit.com/threads/need-some-feedback-editor-icons.3285/#post-17346 - and applied the fix from @Steve and @Russ and that did fix it for me - so I now have 2 awesome font icons for sonnb's xengallery editor icon. All is good, at least for me.

I've gone ahead and added quite a bit of icons in for the next release of XenBase. I've also reached out to some of the add-on authors to double check if any of their add-ons do add icons into the editor so I can support it. Additionally I've added a fix to help with the double icons showing up

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back