RobParker

Registered
I've changed both the header_height and header logo sizes as well as making the nav tabs thinner.

Previously to compensate for this I need to adjust the quicksearch box position.

In Firebug I need to change

Code:
html #QuickSearch {
top: -37px;
}

to

Code:
html #QuickSearch {
top: -31px;
}
Is there a style property that controls this? I can't seem to find anything set to 37px in the SPs for the quick search.

Cheers

Rob

It is in xb_style.css, so basically have to just overwrite it in EXTRA.css. I notice on your test site you have !Important, to be correct it should be lowercase 'i'. The positions just get it close then you have to adjust it a bit with CSS. A single property just wouldn't do for 3 different settings.

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_quickSearch_location == 2">
html #QuickSearch
{
    top: -37px;
}
</xen:if>
<xen:if is="@xb_quickSearch_location == 1">
html #QuickSearchPlaceholder
{
    top: -125px;
}
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
html #QuickSearch
{
    top: -107px;
}
}
</xen:if>

Ah cheers

I hadn't considered what happens when it goes responsive.

That's just led me to noticing another issue which I think might be a bug.

Because we have extra stuff in our user/moderator bar, when the width gets narrower the tabs get hidden because the bar overflows to a second line.

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 18.31.09.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 18.31.18.png

This never used to happen with Core 1.2 but I guess a lot has changed. The overflow would just push everything else down but now it doesn't and hides it instead.

Any ideas?

If you could let me know if you do manage to find a solution that'd be great as I think this is the last outstanding niggle we have now.

It is definitely a z-index thing. Some changes were made to the moderator bar but obviously we can't test every situation, that is why we appreciate reports like this :)

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back